Friday, June 15, 2007

Name that Buzz Word

For purely archival and amusing purposes, I thought I would share with you the notes I took during the All-Staff meeting that took place on Friday. (I admit to exchanging snarky notes with my colleague who is a cynic/internet dater. Are the two things compatible?)

  • Oh, program plans: Evolutionary, not revolutionary. Wonder how long it took him to think of that.
  • Name some names! Name Names! Dish!
  • I bet you serious money that he says "Creative Engines" (he did, twice, along with the new precious derivative, Creative Engineering)
  • Labor lending kept through the next budget year, or until we bring in someone else who can come up with a replacement plan. Maybe forever.
  • Management Team: Determines institutional priorities, strategy, responsible for budget reconciliation, new policy APPROVAL, and Delegated Ad-Hoc Decision Making (Earnesto loves the phrase Ad-Hoc. I bet he is dying to work in quid pro quo and other handy Latin.)
  • He wants to be the Scientific Godfather!
  • Guideline relationship (this just reminds me of a story I heard when some rock star wanted to sleep with an under aged girl, so he talked her parents into making him her guardian, and legalizing the whole thing, because of course he approved the sex. That's what the guideline relationship equates, in my mind)
  • Pan-Institutional
  • Audience Oriented
One hour, One makeover of an entire major organization, and one serious waste of time.

No comments: