Friday, June 22, 2007

It's a Village People sighting

What more fitting way to start the weekend of the infamous LGBT Pride Festival and Parade than having the "Queen" of the office haul in a collection of classic 45rpm records and putting them on the free table? I just spent 20 minutes perusing the offerings (very voluminous) and was impressed how prolific this spender was. Or maybe it just seems that way because my box of cds is at home and itunes cleverly disguises how much money I've blown on music.

I guess I missed that they were put out yesterday, and someone had already purloined all the Prince. Not that I would have taken it, but for sure those were some classic record labeling. Probably nearly as awesome as the David Lee Roth and Sheena Easton "True Blue" pressed on blue vinyl (we only discovered the color after I haphazardly. As previously reported, there was also a copy of the Village People's "Y.M.C.A." The unexpected bonus was Madonna's flung it to a coworker and it flew out of the packaging. The Brothers Gibb also made an appearance.

It was like a time capsule, one that isn't a rusted hunk of metal that disappoints viewers. I feel a new kinship with the 80s and late 70s. Now I need to make a plan on what to do with the two new copies of The Weather Girls "It's Raining Men." Ok, I confess I left them on the back table.


No comments: