Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All this time I was working?

Today I was talking to my boss (the one who is my titular boss at least) and it revealed something to me I never had realized. All I really need to do is a few token things and sit at my desk all day. He doesn't know what else I do, besides schedule his super-dull Meetings of Doom (Parts I and II). We were talking about how this one lady I work with was driving me nuts about planning a party for someone on their way out. Then it happened, he opens his mouth and says "Why is it bothering you? It's not like you're doing anything besides scheduling."

I tried to explain that I did more and went into details, but his eyes glazed over and I just barely refrained from beating him. Those of you who know me know this is somewhat miraculous. I then went to talk with my boss (the one I don't technically report to anymore, but who actually cares what I do) and she said, "good. Stop working so hard. Do more nothing."

So my new resolution is to stop and smell the roses. Read more ESPN. Take the online pirate quiz. Write more banal emails to vague acquaintances. Brush up my resume and apply for a job that expects more out of me than being a mannequin with a blackberry.

No comments: