Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Team Positivity Strikes Again

More Later, I think I have to go to sleep so I can go to work to waste time tomorrow, but thought I would give an update.

UPDATE:
Last night I decided that I would retry Team Positivity, which is not an organized team in a uni and matching socks sort of manner, but more a group of individuals that believe in things such as personal mantras like "Something wonderful is going to happen today." Notice it isn't, "Today is going to be wonderful." That's just too much to believe every day, even for Team Positivity.

I have tried T.P. before, and usually it is short lived. The sarcasm gene is alive and present in me, I'm, afraid, and I can be critical. (Warning: that last sentence was a gross understatement) But in the past I have always been forced to turn in my metaphorical jersey in when I succumb to sneering at optimism.

But yesterday they decided on the final course of office moves, and my office is being cut by 1/3. And I'm okay with that. Not that I am not having occasional panic attacks about how to fit things and arrange Earnesto's office, but I can handle it. Thanks to my new subscription to Positivity Today.

I can make a list of things that are positive about the move. Let me share:
  • It means that Rusty no longer will know where my desk is , curtailing his obnoxious tendency to needlessly walk by repeatedly. In essence; I won't be stalked so much.
  • Earnesto's office will no longer have a large window onto the main hallway, cutting down on people making faces at him while he is on conference calls. It will also eliminate the possibility of this one guy Flashing Earnesto again. ( He was trying to get his attention)
  • I won't be in charge of answering the front door anymore. Meaning I'll have a lot more time to waste uninterrupted.
  • I may get a new desk, since my current one (I hate it) is too big for the space I'm going into.
  • I will be by a working printer
  • I'm leaving in two months.
So the last point isn't a benefit of the move, but it is what has me reconciled to the chaos. And also back on the team.

No comments: