Monday, July 16, 2007

APPP

We all have the days where there is a particular person that drives you to the edge of sanity and seems determined to give you a good hefty shove off. Today has been one of those days. Not only was the initial move of Earnesto's office-ly goods absolutely muffed, I have dealt with the unexpected evil of the questions that will not end and for which I have no good answer. and we have nearly 400 employees. You do the math.

I have received quite a bit of sympathy, but am still ill-tempered. What can I do to restore me to my usual state of placidity? My beloved sister had introduced me to virtual voodoo, but this lacks the physical elemental, the visceral bliss and causing someone in your immediate vicinity pain. (See, I would make a good Head of an International Crime Syndicate). And now that the email is not anonymous, it isn't quite as fun.

As my colleague pointed out, sometimes you need to smack something good and hard, when you can't smack that certain special someone. Forget Pillows. And Walls. I would like to introduce the very brilliant idea of Pinatas. As in, the newly formed Association for the Promotion and Propagation of Pinatas. Hit something, destroy it, and have it end in a pile of sweets. (unless you are one of those really suspect people who don't eat sweets)

the simple thought of a pinata is cheering me up. And if we combine another favorite activity, building and burning effigies, I could build the pinata in the form of the given antagonist, and then beat it, finally ending by burning the remainder after the candy spills out.

Now that is Catharsis.

No comments: