Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My Favorite Dave, and other names

I just found out that my Favorite Dave is getting married to some girl named Sarah. That's right ladies, Davey G. is officially off the market (Unless you act really fast). This is after finding out (although I've known for months) that my Second-Favorite Dave is also getting married, to a Sarah. My Third-Favorite Dave is David Robinson, who really isn't a Dave at all, and he is also married. I don't thing numbers 4, 5, and 6 on my favorites list are married yet, but it looks like my single-friend-Dave may becoming an endangered species. (Update, I just realized #6 is married! Oh, tragic!)

This is concerning because Dave is one of those names where I actually did like a lot of them an awful lot. It's rare that I find a name where I know and like enough people to require a list ranking. And It's not just because there are a lot of Daves. there are also a lot of Chris' and Mikes, but I haven't had to list yet. I could probably hammer out a Chris list in ten minutes, but it wouldn't be perfect and wouldn't compare to my list of Daves. Daves just tend to be of a higher quality than other men. And also inexplicably attracted to girls named Sarah, which is upsetting because that's not my name (but that is a song).

I am resigned. I will just have to get to know more Andys, Zachs, and Steves, because I need to find a name that I can list as my favorite, bumping Daves. Daves #1-29, watch out.

No comments: